Archive for the ‘Rebuilds’ Category
2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 6.1L HEMI Engine Rebuild
Below, you will see a step by step rebuild process of a 6.1L HEMI engine from a 2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8!
HERE IS WHAT WAS DONE TO THIS MOTOR:
THIS ENGINE WAS TAKEN DOWN TO A BARE BLOCK AND BORED .020 OVER.
CRANKSHAFT WAS MEASURED AND MICRO-POLISHED
NEW SILVOLITE PISTONS AND HASTING RINGS INSTALLED
NEW CLEVITE BEARINGS AND ROD BOLTS INSTALLED
HEADS GOT NEW LIFTERS, VALVES, SEALS AND SPRINGS
NEW MELLING OIL PUMP, OEM WATER PUMP AND ALL NEW FELPRO GASKETS INSTALLED
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 rebuild
Cleveland Power and Performance is back at it again, rebuilding domestic high performance cars to save you thousands! Stay tuned to our blog feed to see many exciting rebuilds in the future, but for now we will be highlighting our latest project a beautiful 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 rebuild!
This SRT-8 Challenger was involved in a front end collision, which resulted in it being branded with a salvage title. Below you will see the complete rebuild from the time the vehicle got here, to its completion. This Challenger now carries a fully transferable salvage rebuilt title and is for sale ready to head to a good home.
Here are some photos of the challenger as we received it at our facility.
As you can see from the pictures, this vehicle took a front end shot but was hit high which did not deploy the airbags or result in and damage to the engine or driveline. We get many late model SRT vehicles in here and part a good amount of them out, however we thought this vehicle deserved to be fixed properly and put back on the road. The SRT brand has a cult like following and many Mopar fans love the raw power of the 6.1L engine and the iconic looks of this Challenger. As always, we at Power and Performance aim to set ourselves above the rest when repairing wrecked vehicles. We do not cut corners or spare expensive when doing a rebuild.
After racking the vehicle on the lift and looking at the frame rails and the suspension, we determined that the best way to fix this vehicle was to replace the lower frame rails and use a complete front suspension from an unit donor. Here are the pieces we used to fix this Challenger before we put the car on the frame machine.
We then put the Challenger on the frame machine to cut and remove the damaged rails to begin the nitty gritty of the rebuild process, the measuring and welding.
Here is what the Challengers frame looked like underneath the damaged body panels.
We the removed the damaged frame and apron area at the proper locations to allow the installation of the undamaged frame components.
After the left hand frame rail and bumper bar were welded in, the aprons and header panel were put in place.
Once all of the frame and apron components were properly installed it was time to paint them with factory Chrysler paint.
Now that the car was structurally sound and painted to match, she was taken off the frame machine to have the driveline, suspension and cooling components re installed.
With the driveline installed, and the suspension bolted up and in place the car was ready to have the outside sheet metal hung on. We used parts off on un-hit front end to finish this car. They were installed on the Challenger and the sent to paint.
Here are some finished photos of the Challenger.
This challenger is now fully rebuilt and has been inspected by the Ohio State Highway State Patrol and has been given a rebuilt salvage title. Since completing the build we have put over 500 Challenger and she is ready for a new home. If you are interested in purchasing this vehicle for thousands less than comparable models, please call us at 866-236-5031 and for more details click the link HERE